The New Berlin School District is launching a new approach to distributing information to students from outside non-profit organizations, and intergovernmental agencies, for which it grants approval. Rather than sending home flyers from these organizations in book bags, through email blasts, or in our newsletters, we will be posting such information on a Virtual Backpack webpage throughout the school year for all to see. (Homework, booster, PTO, and district/school/class correspondence will continue to be sent home as it has in the past: book bags, email blasts and/or newsletters.) This new procedure will save staff hours of sorting/handling hard copy flyers, and reduce the number of email blasts and newsletter pages. Suitability and approval will be at the discretion of the district.
- INDOOR Recreational Soccer League
- YMCA 2020 Spring Soccer
- YMCA 2020 Indoor Baseball
- ISM The Night at the Museum Overnight
- ISM Junior Collectors day
- ISM Super Saturday
- ISM Museum Play Date
To submit a flyer for approval: Those wishing to submit information to be posted on this Virtual Backpack website must do so by reading the Flyer Submission Guidelines shown below, sending the required information via email and attaching a PDF of the requested posting. This should be done at least 10 days in advance of the desired posting date.
Flyer Submission Guidelines:
- Those wishing to submit information to be posted on this Virtual Backpack site must do so by emailing the required information listed below to (Elementary) email@example.com; (Junior High) firstname.lastname@example.org, or to (High School) email@example.com and attaching a PDF of the requested posting.
- This should be done at least 10 days in advance of the desired posting date.
- Organizations are limited to postings of one a month, with a two-month limit for any one posting. Approved postings will be updated on a weekly basis.
- Only non-profit organizations will be allowed to have materials posted on the Virtual Backpack site. Distribution of materials for commercial businesses, or organizations not identified as a school/district partner will not be permitted.
- All activities or information must be appropriate for students. Activities and information should relate to a school function, event or purpose, or relate to an organization that offers widely-appealing recreational program options for New Berlin students. Approval of any and all flyers is at the discretion of New Berlin CUSD #16 administrators.
- Application should be made ten days prior to the distribution date and one electronic copy of the proposed flyer must accompany the request for distribution.
- Materials are posted for informational purpose only. Posting does not imply district endorsement of them.
- Flyer Request - Required Information: Name (First and Last)
Schools to which flyer pertains: NBE, NBJH, or NBHS
Date range (post from - to dates)
Dr. Adam Ehrman, Ed.S.Ehrman, Ed.S.
Superintendent, New Berlin CUSD #16